Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Welcome

Hello friend and visitor,

Thanks for visiting my new blog covering adventures on the trail and more with my daughter, and one day, her future sibling, and the occasional but ever-so-welcome guest appearance from my husband and partner, who unfortunately, makes it so his family can do these great adventures, by going to work.  Naturally, it is my duty to get our daughter out on hikes as much as possible, so that his sacrifice is never taken for granted and so that she just grows up with it.  

The idea for this blog has been percolating for awhile, and alas, now I am already behind.  We go on at least one hike a week, even if it is just to our local urban forest, Forest Park, here in Portland, Oregon.  In fact, Scarlett aka Red, and I will be doing a lot of Forest Park hikes as apart of the 2011 All Trails Challenge to raise money for The Forest Park Conservancy!  80 miles of trails done in any order by October 1.  I'm already getting ahead of myself because there are a few hikes from the Columbia River Gorge to write about first.

Thank you again, and please, if you'd like, follow us!

Best regards,
Shannon and Red

No comments:

Post a Comment